I know we are surrounded by so much negativity and crisis. Let us take some time off and talk about something fun. Today I will be writing about an offbeat topic, that is the unknown facts about Bollywood celebrities.
We know that there are celebrities who have changed their names while entering into Bollywood. While Akshay Kumar aka Rajiv Bhatia and Mallika Sherawat aka Reema Lamba is the most common amongst us.
let us see 5 such celebrities who have not opened up to their original names
• Shilpa Shetty, Yes!! You heard it right. She changed her name from Ashwini Shetty to Shilpa Shetty as her astrologist mother suggested her to change to this name as per numerology
• Amitabh Bachchan, this might be the revelation of the day. Normally we see people changing their first names, but Amitabh Bachchan changed his first name as well as Last Name A famous Indian poet Sumitranandan Pant suggested the name ‘Amitabh’ to his father. While another poet named Harivansh Rai used ‘Bachchan’ as his pen-name and so did the whole name came into existence
• If you think Amitabh Bachchan has also kept his original name a secret, then the next question comes to mind is.. what about Rekha?? Oh yes, Rekha’s original name is Bhanurekha Ganesan, She is the daughter of famous actor Gemini Ganesan.
• Saif Ali Khan also managed to keep his name a secret until his marriage certificate with Kareena Kapoor revealed his name as Sajid Ali Khan.
• Kiara’s first name is Aaliya Advani– Salman Khan advised her to change it since there was already an Alia Bhatt in the film industry.
Now, I will tell you 5 facts about celebrities before they entered the entertainment industry
• Rajnikanth was a bus conductor before entering the industry of which he is now considered as a god of acting.
• Kiara Advani used to be a pre-school caretaker. “I sang nursery rhymes, made them learn alphabets and numbers and even changed their diapers,” she said when interviewed.
• Sonam Kapoor, before becoming an actress was an assistant director for the film ‘Black’ and before that when she was 15 years old she used to be a waitress to compensate money during college days. • Tapsee Pannu and Kriti Sanon are engineers.
• Madhavan was a professor for public speaking and personality development before pursuing his passion for acting in Mumbai.
Next, let's go through 5 incidents where the celebrities made a mistake of rejecting films that were major blockbuster hits • It’s hard to believe that the famous movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge which still runs in Mumbai’s Maratha Mandir, was rejected by Saif Ali Khan who was offered the lead role in the film.
• Shah Rukh Khan rejected the role of Rancho for 3 Idiots who later felt being the 4th idiot for not taking that role.
• Kareena Kapoor made 2 major mistakes rejecting the debut role in Kaho Na Pyaar hai and later rejecting the role of Leela in Goliyo ki Raasleela Ram-Leela. • Twinkle Khanna rejected the role of Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota hai since Karan Johar was keen in taking her for that role, which is why he named the character Tina.
• Aamir Khan again took the limelight when he was offered the role of Aakash for Dil Chahta hai after Hritik Roshan rejected it. And to top it up, guess what, Abhishek Bachchan was chosen for the role of Sid. Well thank god for their rejections since we cannot imagine that movie now with these actors playing their characters.
• Other shocking rejections were,
> Salman khan for Kabir Khan in Chakde India
> Akshay Kumar for Milkha Singh in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
> Kareena Kapoor again for Rani in Queen
Now let us talk about those generous actors who did a cameo role or an entire film free of cost • Rani Mukherjee who played a small role in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, did it without any payments. She is one of the closest friends of Karan Johar and this generosity says it all.
• Shah Rukh khan did not charge for playing the role of Banku’s father in Boothnath returns. • Kareena did not charge for the songs she did in Billu Barber and the fevicol song in Dabangg 2.
• Farhan Akhtar took a payment of just Rs 11 for Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, isn’t that shocking.
• Shahid Kapoor for his love towards Vishal Bharadwaj did not take a penny for Haider.
The releases of movies have either been postponed or are canceled which is causing harm for this entertainment industry. Despite the overwhelming restrictions and lockdown rules, the film industry has decided to release some of the upcoming movies on OTT channels.
As far as Hotstar is concerned, it has signed up to launch 8 Bollywood movies out of which one has already been released. The movie Dil Bechara gave such a boost to Hotstar’s downloading rate. Over 95 million views have already been recorded for that movie in the first 24 hours of its release. So just imagine what the other 7 movies are going to contribute to Hotstar’s success.
on the other hand, has seen a tremendous surge in the number of its subscriber this year. According to researches, over 16 million people created accounts in the first three months of the year that can be considered as nearly double the number of new sign-ups seen by the company in the final months of 2019.
According to e-Marketer analyst Eric Haggstrom, "Netflix is and will continue to be the media company least impacted by Covid-19, its business is a near-perfect fit to a population that is suddenly housebound."